Saturday, September 8, 2012

Festive Dessert Topper!

I was inspired by a friend on scrapbook.com who recently made a cute cake topper. I decided to try my hand at one, since I've got some fall entertaining in the very near future.

I ended up doing a fan shape, rather than a full circle, because my paper was on the thicker side and didn't want to flex very much. Since I was going for an autumn theme, I used some old favorites from my stash. The fan is made from Cosmo Cricket's Gretal collection, while the circle portion is from the Daisy D (oh how I miss them!) Heirloom Attic collection. Inkadoo stamps, Hero alphabet stamps, Close to My Heart inks. Added some gold curling ribbon and misc snippet of ribbon (Cosmo Cricket?) to the skewer.



Here it is displayed on a lovely baby apple crisp (recipe from the Small Batch Baking cookbook) that I made for dessert. My scrapping bud is coming over this afternoon for Scrappy Saturday, and who better to appreciate my efforts that a fellow scrapper?! Have a scrappy weekend!


3 comments:

Kittys Creation said...

Very Cute!!

Kittys Creation said...

hmm not sure what is up with my comment signing into that profile.

Unknown said...

Looks like everything came through ok ~ thanks for stopping by to comment!

Post a Comment